Frequent travelers benefit most from cards that yield miles, and few cards are quite as useful as the Platinum Delta SkyMiles card. Despite being an American Express card, which often gets a bad rep for less representation, the Delta SkyMiles card can be used to net huge amounts of miles for relatively little effort.
This card is tailored to frequent travelers but is particularly useful for business jet-setters due to the higher annual fees associated with American Express. Issued by American Express Bank, this card is best for high spenders who like to reap lots of rewards annually.
One fee that travelers don’t have to worry about, however, is a foreign transaction fee. As with most travel cards, the Platinum Delta Sky Miles card doesn’t include one. Here’s a breakdown of additional benefits:
- Earn miles on every purchase, with bonuses for dollars spent with Delta.
- Check your bags? No problem. There’s no charge for your first checked bag.
- One free coach ticket a year for a companion when you book a flight.
- Lucrative signup bonuses and intro offers.
- Delta Sky Club discount, and additional discounts on in-flight purchases, restrictions apply.
- Call customer services to resolve fraudulent charges.
It’s clear to see with a number of travel perks, the ability to accrue Delta SkyMiles and even some basic consumer protection, this card is great for frequent flyers who love Delta. It may not be the card for you if you prefer a different airline, or don’t travel enough to pay for the steep fees. However, this is a solid card for any traveler, business or leisure, who can make the most of its benefits.