Do you like to travel? Then you probably like earning credit card benefits that allow you to travel more. From award flights to free hotel stays, there are quite a few options when it comes to credit cards with travel perks.
Variety is the spice of life, and this is certainly true when it comes to booking a vacation. Frequent travelers like Starwood and the SPG program because there are affordable hotel options like Sheraton and Four Points, mid-range options like the W and Westin, and high-end choices like The St. Regis.
What other perks do you get from the SPG credit card?
- Earn Starpoints. Earn Starpoints for every dollar spent on purchases at Starwood properties.
- Earn free nights.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi. Get free in-room Wi-Fi at participating Starwood hotels.
- No foreign transaction fees. The SPG card doesn't charge any foreign transaction fees when you swipe your card abroad.
- Purchase protection. Protect eligible purchase from accidental damage or theft for up to 90 days from the purchase date. (Exclusions apply, so be sure to read the fine print.)
- Achieve Elite status faster. Each year that you are a card member, you'll get credit for five nights and two stays toward SPG Elite status.
- 24/7 customer service. You can speak with a representative whenever you have questions about your card and/or travel benefits.
- Variable APR based on credit worthiness.
Frequent travelers will benefit from this card. Those who aspire to travel more can actually do so if they make this their card for everyday purchases. If you check in often at Starwood properties or belong to a frequent flyer program other than Southwest or United, then don't hesitate to apply for this card. The annual fee will pale in comparison to your total savings year after year.
Starwood allows for much latitude with your budget by including both affordable and luxurious offerings. However, if you jump from hotel brand to hotel brand in search of the best travel bargain, then you should probably find another card with more flexible travel perks or a cash-back bonus instead.
If you are a fan of the Starwood portfolio of hotels, then this card is a no-brainer. Even with the Marriott merger, we're optimistic that both hotel heavyweights will do the right thing by their loyal customers.
If you want a card without an annual fee, there are other options. But if you are willing to overlook an annual fee in light of all of the travel perks you'll get, then the SPG card is worthy of your consideration. Apply and start packing — you've got a vacation to enjoy!